Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cooking by Chef Mike

Today was our last nutrition class and we were blessed to have Chef Mike come join us and cook for us. He made lettuce wraps (with chicken) which are on par taste-wise with those at PF Chang's, but calorie-wise considerably less. It was fun to watch and listen to him, and especially to partake of the end result. He also made a breakfast sandwich using a whole wheat tortilla. I enjoyed the lettuce wrap very much, however - I'm not such a fan of peanut butter, honey, banana, etc. that was in the breakfast sandwich.
It's hard to believe that these classes are over now, but I have learned a whole lot. The things I've learned will be incorporated into my life and hopefully into the lives of other family members. I intend to continue to live this way - watching what I eat, portion control, and exercise. I like where I'm at and plan to continue to stay at this point or lose a bit more to reach my goal weight. There's no reason for me - except pure laziness - to end up like I was at the beginning of this heart challenge.
Thank you to Jalaine for all the good and useful info you've shared with us throughout our nutrition classes. I really appreciate the efforts you've put into teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment