Friday, May 8, 2009

Holy Cow time again!

I'm working for my friend at the Holy Cow Boutique at the PG Rec Center this week. I work one of my part-time jobs first, then hurry to the boutique and work there right afterwards. I haven't had a lot of time to fix meals in between so I just grab a yogurt and some fruit and take it with me so that I won't "munch" on the yummy toffee, cookies, candy, crackers, rolls (Big Buns), etc. People ask how we can work there with that cinnamon smell all day - but, after awhile you don't even notice it. I enjoy working there because I work for my friend, I see people I know and can visit with them for a bit and catch up on their doings. Plus I get to see all the fun things people are buying and I can purchase things I wouldn't ordinarily buy. It's a fun time, but I did have to be on guard and watch what I was put into my mouth and eating!
I'm trying to get ready for the 5K Run for the Red that will be held May 30. I'd like to be able to run the whole way, so I've been working my way up as far as time. Tuesday I ran (on the treadmill - I know it's different when you run outside) for 27 minutes and 30 seconds. I probably could have run longer, but that was my goal for the day. Soon I will try to run for a whole half hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment