Monday, May 4, 2009

Leaving our mark

A few weeks ago, as I was walking into work, the flowering trees were so beautiful. I had my camera with me that day so I took some pictures of those trees. Today as I walked over to get lunch they were cutting down one of those same trees - it had been attacked by the wind and lost! I thought about how I had a picture of that tree and now - any other pictures taken of the same spot would not show that particular tree, yet it had left it's "mark" that it had been here - there's the stump, and I also have a picture showing where it once stood!!
We also leave our "mark" in life. We influence others - in many different ways. We as women especially leave our mark as we are great influences in the lives of those around us - our family, neighbors, friends, co-workers, etc. For most of us we leave a lasting legacy through our families. This heart challenge has left it's mark in our lives as we've learned many new things and have incorporated them not only into our lives but into our families' lives as well. I intend to use the "mark" of this challenge for the rest of my life. I've actually enjoyed the exercise (although I still HATE to sweat!) and I've found that I really don't NEED all the things I thought I needed to put in my mouth. I love feeling much better about myself and finding and wearing clothes I haven't fit into in a long time. I carry myself differently and stand a touch taller than I did before!! Thank you to everyone that has been a part of this challenge and to "my support team".

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing and your right it is better to look and feel great about yourself! You also look really good and I can see in your attitude and the way you carry yourself! Good JOB!
    Cressent

    ReplyDelete