Saturday, May 30, 2009

The official completion

Today was the 5K. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful course. It went alongside Provo River and the sound of the water was so soothing. I was hoping to run the whole way, but after the first couple of miles I had to walk a little and then start running again. I'll bet that out of the 3.1 miles I was able to run about 2.75 miles. That in itself is an accomplishment. Maybe the next one I'll be able to run even farther (I'm planning to run the Strawberry Days 5K), and eventually I'll actually run a whole one! I was able to take 1st in my age group (and yes, there was more than just me in that age group). I was excited about that and I was excited about my finish time.
Last night was our dinner. Everyone looked so good. The food was delicious (best part was I didn't have to cook it or clean up afterwards!!). It was so interesting to hear Traci tell about the accomplishments of each woman. Some were remarkable, but all were impressive as improvements were made in each woman's life.
Once again - I am so thankful for the people that spearhead this whole heart challenge - Janet, Traci, Jalaine, and the others. It must be very rewarding for you to see all the achievements and results. I wish the next group of participants good luck on their path. A new group of hospital employees starts Monday. To those who will be involved next year in the 100-Day Heart Challenge, I hope it's as awesome an experience for you as it was for all of us. Good luck to you.
To my family and friends - thanks again for all your support. I'm so grateful for my own accomplishments and results, and I know a big part of my final success was because of you being there urging me on. To the other participants - good luck as you continue to reach your final goals and continued success in the changes you've made in your personal lives. I was blessed to get to know each of you. Thanks too to my trainer Dylan - I appreciate your pushing me and teaching me.
Overall - this was a wonderful experience and I'm so thankful to have been able to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment